The purpose of the St. Clair Beekeepers Association is to promote interest in bees and beekeeping by such means as encouraging….
- Good beekeeping practices
- Utilization of bees for pollination of agricultural crops
- Dissemination of information about bees and beekeeping
- Educating future beekeepers
Being a member of the SCBA has several benefits:
- Automatically enrolled as a member in the Illinois State Beekeepers Association
- Access to ourlibrary of books and magazines
- Can post items for sale in our Marketplace
- Enroll in our Swarm and Cutout Lists
- Be assigned a mentor
- Borrow club equipment
The St. Clair Beekeepers Association is one of the oldest orgranizations promoting beekeeipin in Illinois.
An article in the Belleville Daily Advocate dated July 16,1917 states:
Beekeepers Have Formed Organization
A number of beekeepers of Belleville and the vicinity met yesterday at the home of R.V. Dew and formally organized an association to be known as The St. Clair County Beekeepers Association,” the object of which will be to promote the general interests of the pursuit of bee-culture in the county.
One of the features of the meeting was a demonstration in the apiary, where a particular manipulation of the hives and bees took place, to show the advantages of up-to-date methods of beekeeping. The entire assemblage was right in among the bees and no one was stung, except Mr. Hertel, who purposely received a sting as an antidote for rheumatism. Interested parties can secure information concerning “The St. Clair County Beekeepers Association” by corresponding with the secretary.
You want to become a member
Dues are $20 per year and include your membership in the Illinois State Beekeepers Association. To join, please complete our membership form and mail your check for $20 to St. Clair Beekeepers Association, C/O Katelyn Hentrich, 13809 Schuler Lane, Dow, IL 62022. For more information email email@example.com.
Current Club Officers
Serving as an officer of the club is very rewarding and you get to meet many other beekeepers. Officers serve a three year term and are elected at the September meeting. Please consider serving.
- President – Tim Schartung
- Vice President – Tom Cairns
- Secretary – Rachel Done
- Treasurer – Katelyn Hentrich
- Public Information Officer – Tim Cronin
- Librarian – Katelyn Hentrich
- Director – Darla Hsiao
- Director – Frank Dorris
- Director – Johnny Murdock